Sunday 1 July 2007

Songbirds - Wake Up Call (2007)


A talented three-piece, sweet-pop group..., with voices like purest sunshine and magic music that soothes the soul.There is nothing overblown about Songbirds - their take me as you find me attitude is reflected throughout their debut album `Wake Up Call'. From the delightfully stripped down arrangements of acoustic guitar, piano and softly brushed drums, to the simplicity of the gorgeous three part harmonies.It will come as no surprise upon hearing the album that Songbirds' inspirations come from the likes of Joni Mitchell, Eva Cassidy, The Dixie Chicks and Stevie Nicks
1. The Weatherman (No Wonder I Feel Blue)
2. Lazy Sunday Morning
3. Wake Up Call
4. Take Me As You Find Me
5. The Only Thing I'm Guilty (Of Is Loving You)
6. Got My Hopes Up
7. Show Me A Sign
8. You Speak My Language
9. Butterflies & Rainbows
10. Faith in You

No comments: